The East of England NHS Genomic Medicine Centre (GMC) was originally established as one of 13 GMCs facilitating the 100,000 Genomes Project.
It served a population of 6.5 million people across the East to successfully meet the remarkable objectives of the project.
The East of England NHS GMC will continue to support the new NHS Genomic Medicine Service as it operates in our region.
The Centre provides:
- Ongoing coordination and delivery of East of England participant results from the 100,000 Genomes Project. See the Participants page for more information on results.
- Support for the NHS Genomic Medicine Service.
- Support for patient and public initiatives to raise awareness of genomics.
- Support for Education and training activities for health professionals across the East Midlands and East of England, in partnership with the NHS Genomics Education Programme.
Led by Cambridge University Hospitals and based on the Cambridge Biomedical Research Campus, the East of England NHS Genomic Medicine Centre works with partner organisations across our region, including:
- University Hospitals of Leicester
- Nottingham University Hospitals
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals
- Royal Papworth Hospital
- University Hospitals of Derby and Burton
Contact the East of England NHS Genomic Medicine Centre
To contact the East of England GMC, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHS England: NHS Genomic Medicine Service
- Cambridge Genomic Medicine Centre announced
- 100,000 Genomes project is underway at CUH