As genetic and genomic medicine play an increasing role in improving health outcomes for people across the UK, education and knowledge about the application of genomics is also increasingly available.
Nurses, midwives, GPs, specialist clinicians, counsellors, scientists, and members of the public are encouraged to grow their literacy in genomics, and to this end, a range of training and resources are available in the East.
On this site you will find information about:
- Postgraduate taught awards through the Cambridge Genomic Medicine Programme
- Continuing professional and personal development (CPPD) individual taught modules from the Cambridge Genomic Medicine Programme
- The Cambridge Gateway to Genetic Counselling – designed for nurses and midwives to transition into genetic counselling
- The Health Education England Genomics Education Programme
- Advice on careers in genomic medicine
- A list of online genomics courses available to professionals and the public
- A list of events, conferences, and organisations promoting genomics education in our region.
To add content to the Education section of the East Genomics website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.