- Kidney biopsy showing MPGN or C3 Glomerulopathy (defined as glomerular inflammation with immunoreactivity for complement C3 greater than 2x immunoreactivity for immunoglobulins) with or without hypocomplementaemia or an identified C3 Nephritic Factor (should both be tested for), AND
- Proteinuria or haematuria lasting longer than 3 months.
- Likely or proven underlying malignant, autoimmune or infectious disorder (for example, but not limited to, hepatitis virus infection, systemic lupus erythematosus, cryoglobulinaemia, paraproteinaemia etc) OR
- Self-limiting post-infectious glomerulonephritis
Prior genetic testing guidance
– Results should have been reviewed for all genetic tests undertaken, including disease-relevant genes in exome sequencing data. The patient is not eligible if they have a molecular diagnosis for their condition.
– Genetic testing should continue according to routine local practice for this phenotype regardless of recruitment to the project; results of these tests must be submitted via the ‘Genetic investigations’ section of the data capture tool to allow comparison of WGS with current standard testing.
PLEASE NOTE: The sensitivity of WGS compared to current diagnostic genetic testing has not yet been established. It is therefore important that tests which are clinically indicated under local standard practice continue to be carried out.
Prior genetic testing genes
These requirements will be kept under continual review during the main programme and may be subject to change.« Back to Disease List