About the National Genomic Test Directories
The East Midlands & East of England Genomic Laboratory Hub delivers genetic and genomic testing in line with theNational Genomic Test Directories.
The Directories –one for cancer and one for rare and inherited conditions –specify which genomic tests are commissioned by the NHS in England, the technology by which the tests are available, and the patients who are eligible to access each test. The National Genomic Test Directories can be accessed here.
Online Ordering is Ahead
As of February 2019, genomic testing services across the East are being consolidated and an online ordering system for the East Midlands and East of England NHS Genomic Laboratory Hub will be introduced as part of the national Genomic Medicine Service.
Please look for notices on this page or subscribe to our quarterly newsletter for updates.
In the meantime, genetic and genomic tests can be ordered through the following clinical genetics laboratories in our region:
- Cambridge University Hospitals: Genetics laboratories offer cytogenetic (chromosome) and molecular genetic (DNA) analysis.
- Nottingham Regional Genetics Laboratories: Genetics services that include cytogenetic and molecular genetic laboratories.
- University Hospitals of Leicester: Clinical scientist-led cytogenetics laboratory.
Alternatively, consider a referral to a local clinical genetics care team.
- Cambridge Haematopathology & Oncology Diagnostic Service: A comprehensive diagnostic service for haematological and solid tumour malignancies.
- Nottingham Regional Genetics Laboratories: Cytogenetic and FISH testing for malignancies in bone marrow and blood samples
- Nottingham Regional Genetics Laboratories: Cytogenetic and FISH testing for malignancies in other tissues
- University Hospitals of Leicester: Special Haematology Laboratory & Haematological Malignancy Diagnostic Links Service
Please email email@example.com with questions.