- Imagine ID Stand For:Intellectual Disability and Mental Health: Assessing the Genomic Impact on Neurodevelopment. The IMAGINE ID study wants to answer a question parents often ask when their child has a genetic condition: “So what does this mean for my child?”To answer this important question we are:Collecting information about a large group of children with intellectual disability,Doing research to find out how genetic changes affect children and young people’s behaviour,Hoping this will help with the care of families and children now, and in the future
- The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute ; We use genome sequences to advance understanding of the biology of humans and pathogens to improve human health. The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is one of the premier centres of genomic discovery and understanding in the world. It leads ambitious collaborations across the globe to provide the foundations for further research and transformative healthcare innovations. Its success is founded on the expertise and knowledge of its people and the Institute seeks to share its discoveries and techniques with the next generation of genomics scientists and researchers worldwide.
- The European Molecular Biology Laboratory is one of the world’s leading research institutions, and Europe’s flagship laboratory for the life sciences.EMBL is an intergovernmental organisation specialising in basic research in the life sciences, funded by public research monies from more than 20 member states, including much of Europe and Israel, and two associate members, Argentina and Australia.
- EMBL is led by the Director General, currently Professor Iain Mattaj, appointed by the governing body, EMBL Council. The Council is comprised of representatives of all member and associate member states.Research at EMBL emphasises experimental analysis at multiple levels of biological organisation, from the molecule to the organism, as well as computational biology, bioinformatics and systems biology.
- Research is conducted by more than 80 independent groups covering the spectrum of molecular biology. EMBL is international, innovative and interdisciplinary. Its 1600 employees from many nations represent scientific disciplines including biology, physics, chemistry and computer science.
You can go back to the Groups page to select another group for more information about them.